I have noticed a bug with the Supplier SKU field when adding a new product. To replicate, follow these steps:
- Start with a simple product and fill in the Supplier SKU field.
- Save the product.
- Switch the product from Simple to Variable.
- Add some variations and enter the same Supplier SKU into one of the variations fields that you previously used for the Simple Product.
- You will get a duplicate SKU error when saving the product.
- If you try and search for the Supplier SKU within Stock Central, no results for a product with that Supplier SKU will be found.
In order to re-assign that Supplier SKU without getting a duplicate error, you must switch the product back to a simple product, save it and then erase the Supplier SKU from under the Inventory tab.
Can we get a fix for this?