You can update ATUM three ways: via the WordPress Updates page, via FTP, or via a ZIP file.
Updating ATUM via the WordPress Updates page
Updating the ATUM plugin via the Updates section is easy.
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Updates. All plugins with updates appear here.
Select the checkbox for the ATUM plugin.
Click Update Plugins.
Updating ATUM via FTP
Automatic updates can sometimes fail for a variety of reasons. If an update does not complete successfully, then you will end up with a broken site.
One way to fix this is to update ATUM via FTP manually. By doing this, you will be able to continue using the latest version of ATUM.
First, go to an FTP client such as FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/) and download and install the client, if you haven’t already.
Open the FTP client and login using the credentials provided by your server hosting provider.
- Go to /wp-content/plugins.
- Select the ATUM plugin folder and rename it to anything, such as OLD.
Right-click and select Download to download it to your computer, in case you need it later.
After, the download is complete, delete the folder.
Go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/atum-stock-manager-for-woocommerce/
Click Download to download the installation file to your computer.
- Open the file and click Extract. When you extract the installation files, be sure to keep the same folder structure.
- From the left panel of the FTP client, right-click on the installation files on your computer, and click Upload.
Once the upload is complete, go to WordPress and click Refresh on the Plugins page. The ATUM plugin should display.
Click Activate to activate ATUM.
Updating ATUM via a ZIP file
You can also use a ZIP file to update ATUM.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
First navigate to ATUM Inventory > Settings > General Tab > Now make sure the option “Delete data when uninstalling” is disabled.
Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and locate the ATUM plugin.
- Click Delete.
- In Plugins, click Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin.
Click Choose File and select the ZIP file containing the updated version of ATUM.
Click Activate Plugin.